- Central heating throughout.
- Payphone. (Mobile phone reception is poor in Hawkshead – Orange and Vodafone give the best coverage)
- Free Wi-Fi in main Hall.
- Outside drying area
- Walled Garden that can be locked with plenty of space to eat outside
- Ramps for wheelchair access to the building and garden.
- Except for guide dogs, dogs are not allowed in the house or garden. Please advise when booking if you are bringing a guide dog.
- Security – please keep the walled garden gate and the house locked at all times.
- Playing field -Hawkshead village has a large public park suitable for large ball games and with equipment, swings etc.
- Car parking – Free parking is available for upto 4 cars displaying the permits provided on arrival.
- You need to provide your own
– Consumables – toilet rolls, soap, washing up liquid, etc.
– Towels, tea towels, etc.
– Pillow cases and sleeping bags
Hawkshead village has a newsagent, Post Office and Co-operative store as well as a chemist and specialist grocery shops. There are also several gift and outdoor shops and a Tourist Information Centre (015394 36525)
The nearest filling stations are Coniston (4 miles) and Ambleside (5 miles).
St Michaels Church in Hawkshead has a service each Sunday with a Catholic service on Saturday night. There is a local Baptist Chapel at Hawkshead Hill and a Methodist church in Hawkshead village.